Sunday, January 30, 2022

More Colorful Glass

 

As you enter the indoor Chihuly glass exhibit at the Desert Botanical Gardens, you are greeted with a selection of colorful glass bowls....or baskets as Chihuly calls them.  They are on really tall pedestals so they are difficult to photograph especially for someone as short as I am.

There was a room similar to this at his museum (Chihuly Garden & Glass) in Seattle.  I remember that they were also on very tall pedestals.  

I especially like the colors in this one.  Chihuly and his team of glass artists sure create some gorgeous things.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I've got some more Egyptian art from the Met.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful!

Catarina said...

Fabulous!

Travel said...

I agree, too tall, Amazing colors

RedPat said...

I guess he wants us to look at the outside of these pieces but it would be nice to see some more of the inside.

Steve Reed said...

It's kind of cool that you shot them from beneath and behind -- a different angle. (Even if it was necessitated by the height of the pedestals!)

Gardens at Waters East said...

HIs work in glass is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing some of his pieces.

Bill said...

Beautiful and colourful.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Gemel said...

Psychedelic wonderful creations.

Amy said...

oh I like those! they're like massive oyster shells