Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today is Thanksgiving here in the U. S. of A. and pretty much everyone will be enjoying a special dinner with friends and family.  I'm going to my friend David's house for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the trimmings.  The photo above is at my house with the table set for a dinner a while ago.  I chose the photo because I've had many, many Thanksgiving dinners on this china.  You see, it was my grandmother's china so it has a long history in my family.  We had many dinners at her house and on holidays she always set the table with this china.  And here it is, still being used at my house.

16 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I love those old China for special occasions, looks so pretty. Have a nice dinner!

Andy said...

Your Grandmother gave you something. Take care and enjoy your turkey dinner.

Catarina said...

Beautiful china!
Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Steve Reed said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon!

RedPat said...

That is lovely to see, Sharon. I'm getting ready to sell my mother's china which I will never use and have no place to store but I am finding it a difficult decision. We used it only on the holidays but she loved it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Your grandmother had excellent taste in crockery Sharon 💜 Happy Thanksgiving .

Karl said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon !

Revrunner said...

A lovely setting.

Allison said...

That's a beautiful place setting. I'm happy to see you using it. Ours pretty much lives in a server. We should get it out! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

William Kendall said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiveing

Gemel said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Those plates could tell a lot of stories could they speak.

Bill said...

Have a great Thanksgiving, Sharon. The china is beautiful and a wonderful memory of your grandmother.

Catalyst said...

Lovely. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thérèse said...

Never alone with this beautiful china full of stories and souvenirs.

Jack said...

It is wonderful that you use family china. It gives the traditional dinner even more tradition.