Sunday, November 3, 2019

Day of the Dead


Yesterday I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to see what was happening at the Day of the Dead celebration there.  I think my favorite thing was this guy who was dancing along with his two "friends" to the music that was being played.  I thought the walking and dancing skeletons were pretty original.


That trio above was dancing to the music of this lively group.  I sat and listed for a while and enjoyed their music very much.  I particularly enjoyed their version of El Condor Pasa.


This young girl was also enjoying the music.  She must have visited the face painting booth and got a traditional Day of the Dead mask painted on her face before she sat down to listen to the music.


This group was performing traditional Aztec dances.  I've seen them at the garden at past Day of the Dead celebrations.  I love their colorful costumes, especially the beautiful, feathered head pieces.  Tomorrow I'll show you some of the traditional offrenda tables that various artists created for the day.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm looking at some of the historic buildings in Globe Arizona.

9 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

That must have been great, pity they don't really celibrate it here

Stefan Jansson said...

Fun with death! Your weather seems nice.

RedPat said...

That looks wonderful, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Interesting and colorful! I love the picture of the girl with the painted face.

William Kendall said...

It's quite outside my experience.

Lois said...

Wonderful photos! Looks like a fun event.

Bill said...

I never knew the day was celelbrated like this. Looks like a wonderful and fun event.

Revrunner said...

There must be a trick to keeping these headdresses on.

Kay said...

It looks like a great celebration. It's nice to see so much culture on display. (I'm about to head out traveling & don't know how much commenting I'm going to do though I've got posts up for part of the time I'll be gone. See you either when I have good internet or when I'm back!)