Friday, August 2, 2019

Back Up Plan


I had a back-up plan for yesterday's theme day post.  I could use one of my many over-exposed photos of Anish Kapoor's sculpture "Upside Down, Inside Out".  After all, it's a very large black object.  I posted a photo of this sculpture last year when I finally got a photo that wasn't over exposed.


Another option was to post this photo inside an art work called (it's a long name) "You Who are Getting Obliterated in the Dancing Swarm of Fireflies".  The artist, Yayoi Kusama created a completely black room with thousands of LED lights strung on long threads. You enter the room in one door and you have to make your way through the room to the exit through a different door.  It makes me very nervous to go in this room and try to find the exit, so it took a lot of guts for me to go in there a few weeks ago just to get this shot!  😱

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I like his work.

RedPat said...

I would probably end up crawling through that dark room, Sharon! The Kapoor piece would have worked well for the theme.

Steve Reed said...

They're both cool pictures, even with the over-exposure. It's so hard to photograph a shiny black object! (Good job keeping yourself inconspicuous in the reflections!)

Bill said...

Nice photos, they look great. The dark room sounds very challenging.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful!

Trini Altea said...

Me ha gustado.
Buen comienzo del mes de agosto

The Padre said...

I'm Confused - Are these LED lights hanging from the celling?? One LED light per string?? Or are they like a christmas string of lights?? Do they brush upon you while walking through?? I originally thought that it was a 2 dimensional photo of a galaxy of sorts. And how did you photograph this??

Way Cool,
Cheers

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Upside Down Inside Out is fabulous for reflections. Well done making your way through the darkened room Sharon, I would have been like a bull in a China shop in panic 😁

Jack said...

Your photo of the Kapoor sculpture is terrific. A black room with little litghts? Meh.