Friday, August 16, 2019

Sanctuary


I was driving around in the far north of Phoenix last weekend when I passed this grand entrance with what looked like a very long drive.  I turned around to get a closer look wondering what this sanctuary was.  I drove down the long, well-manicured drive and finally came to a locked gate that was operated with a remote control or coded key-pad.  Behind it was a subdivision of houses.  From what I could see, the houses were nice but they weren't especially elaborate.  The entrance sure is.  It must make the people who live there feel like they are entering a little paradise.

8 comments:

RedPat said...

It seems a bit over the top. I thought it was for a cemetery when I first saw your pic, Sharon! ;-)

Bill said...

I thought it was for a cemetery too. :)
A gated community no doubt.

William Kendall said...

I'm not sure if I find it that welcoming.

Steve Reed said...

Gated community! Seems a bit extreme, though.

Sandi said...

Strange.

Catarina said...

A gated community?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

A really impressive entrance Sharon ✨

Thérèse said...

It looks like a fortress.