Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Four Days to Cool Down


I just spent four wonderful days in beautiful (and relatively cool) California, my annual summer visit to escape the Arizona heat for a few days.


I did every thing I love to do there.  Walks on the beach photographing sand pipers and watching the waves crash on the rocks are two must do's when visiting.


The Marriott Newport Coast Vacation Resort has a wonderful Lily Pond and the lilies were especially beautiful this year.  I took dozens of photos.

I also visited my favorite California garden, Sherman Library & Gardens in Corona Del Mar.  That cute little sea otter was still there holding the watering hose.

I really hated to leave that nice sea breeze and return to 109 degrees!

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

What a nice photo's of the place.

Andy said...

I love your photo of the the flower. We all need a get away to relax and recharge.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks beautiful Sharon, you'll have to try and extend your stay by a couple of days if possible ✨

Catarina said...

That was a cool get away! Almost 43 degrees Celsius! That is suffocating!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I guess it is safe to say that without air conditioning it would be unbearable to live where you do.

RedPat said...

I love that wee otter, Sharon! I don't know how you function in such high temps.

William Kendall said...

The otter sculpture is a delight!

Bill said...

The flower is stunning. Nice views of the ocean and birds.
I can't imagine 109 degrees.

The Padre said...

Welcome Back To That Smell Of Ocean Air - How Wonderful It Is

Cheers

Cloudia said...

How very lovely. Enjoy!

Steve Reed said...

What a great break! Those are HUGE sandpipers, at least compared to what I've seen in Florida. Or maybe they just have huge bills.