Wednesday, August 14, 2019

In-Fill Housing


I live in the heart of Phoenix in an area that has been well established for a long time.  However, when I drive around my area, I see lots and lots of construction on condominiums that have been squeezed into small spaces surrounded by older homes.  Most of the time, they blend into the neighborhood very well.


Every now and then, I find one like this that seems to be such a stark contrast to the little brick houses that are all around it.  This one is simply way to severe to suit my taste.  I'm afraid it makes me think of a prison block.


This one is also very angular and plain but, at least the paint colors make it more appealing.  One of these days, I'm going to roam around these places and have a look at the models.  That would be fun.

11 comments:

Andy said...

You are right about the prison look. I hope the units inside are much better.

RedPat said...

I agree - they are not very inviting at all.

The Padre said...

Those First Two Are A Delightful Representation Of Point Perspective - Very Nice

Cheers

William Kendall said...

We see the same here. Some infill tries to fit in with the area. Others look like bunkers.

Allison said...

Those condos look like much of the housing we saw in the eastern part of Germany. They're boxes! I would love to see interior pictures of the models. My husband's aunt used to live in Encanto-Palmcroft which is just a beautiful area.

Bill said...

I have to agree with you, they do look like prisons. They should have painted them to make the outside attractive. Hopefully the inside is pleasant looking and pleasing to the eye.

Catalyst said...

The architecture is too Stalinist to suit my taste.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's unanimous Sharon! Perhaps a bit of street art on those white walls would help ☺

Steve Reed said...

It's probably much cheaper to build structures like those than anything matching a neighborhood of brick homes.

Catarina said...

Take pics and show us. : )

Jack said...

These look like pretty big developments, not just one unit filling in a small space. Admittedly, they aren't much to look at.