Monday, September 24, 2012

Tucson Treasure



I was in Tucson last Friday for a work event and decided to make a weekend of it.  I stayed at the wonderful Arizona Inn, a full service resort that happens to be on the National Register of Historic places.  It also happens to be where my good friends Julie & Dave (Tamarindo Costa Rica Daily Photo & Scottsdale Daily Photo) were married.  In fact, I hadn't been back to the Inn since that beautiful wedding.

The Arizona Inn has been family owned and operated since it's creation in 1930 by Isabella Greenway, a formidable woman who also happened to be Arizona's first Congresswoman back when Arizona only had one House Representative.

The hotel is a stunning oasis in the heart of Tucson.  Every room is beautifully furnished while maintaining it's old world charm.  Check out their website and I'll bet you'll want to put it on your list of places to visit.


13 comments:

glenda said...

On of my favorite places. I am envious. Great photos and nice to see the flowers in bloom.

Lowell said...

You are very fortunate to know of and be able to experience such a place and your photos are gorgeous!

Judy said...

The colors are wonderful! Lucky you!

Magpie said...

It is indeed a gorgeous place! It looks so welcoming.

Thérèse said...

Stunning colors!

Karl said...

It looks really like a place to visit.

RedPat said...

It looks so Arizona to me! Great shots.

Randy said...

That is a place not to be missed.

Jack said...

It is beautiful, Sharon. The colors are stunning.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh it's gorgeous Sharon, it really is like an oasis..when I was looking at the website I was very tempted to book a room haha!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The Arizona Inn is a treasure.

Unknown said...

This seems to be a relly nice place to relax.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

the Arizona Inn is such a special place. so peaceful, elegant and it makes you feel special