Thursday, September 24, 2026

Mid-Century Modern

 


When I was driving around last weekend, I spotted two nicely maintained mid-century modern homes that were practically next door to each other.  This one with its green and orange paint was especially nice.

This one has certainly maintained that 1950's look and style.  These two houses stood out because almost every other one on the street had been remodeled or modernized to hide that true mid-century look.

5 comments:

Diana said...

That green and orange color scheme really does capture that classic 1950s spirit. It's nice these homes held onto their original character while so many neighbors around them got remodeled, Sharon.
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

Gemel said...

I really love coming across older homes which have been maintained through the decades.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

One floor and no stairs?
That reminds me, Sharon: Is it common there for the houses to have basements?

Travel said...

Those remind me of the neighborhood we lived in back in the mid-60's, of course then the houses were nearly new, the neighborhood still expanding.

RedPat said...

Times have sure changed. Monster renovations seem to take the old classics style away, Sharon.