Monday, September 7, 2026

A Whole Day of Art

 

We spent the entire day at the Art Institute of Chicago where I was surprised to find that my beloved lions were all boxed up.  Apparently they are being refurbished and will be back to work guarding the building sometime soon.


I discovered that the Member's Lounge had been moved to a new location and now has a balcony where you can get some lovely views of the Michigan Avenue skyline.  I also got to see two great exhibits.  One was about Mary Cassatt and the other about Willem de Kooning.  Both exhibits gave me a new appreciation for each artist.




I also ran into Abraham Lincoln standing in a plaza near my hotel.  He's looking very bronzed these days.





10 comments:

Gemel said...

Nothing really beats a whole day of art.

Travel said...

I need to plan a museum day when I am there in February.

RedPat said...

It sounds like it was a good day, Sharon.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Diaday said...

The AIC looks empty without its lions. You had a wonderful day filled with art.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

You had a great day!
Lincoln... hahahaha He really looks very bronzed.

Bill said...

Enjoying art sounds like a grand day!

Steve Reed said...

Those sound like great exhibits. I like both Cassatt and de Kooning.

Amypie71 said...

I'm always amazed by people who can stand that still for that long, hope you gave him some money, think I have a cousin in Chicago.