Thursday, May 12, 2022

Another Cactus Blooms

 


This very tall and very "bumpy" cactus sits near the entrance to the Desert Botanical Garden.  I'm not sure what kind of cactus it is.  There is no sign on it.  

Early Sunday morning when I went for a walk there, I saw a bloom on the cactus so I zoomed in to get a shot of it.  In the photo to the right, you can see it in the center on the lower fourth of the photo.  It looks like a white dot compared to the size of the cactus.  There is another bloom at the very top (center) but that one was harder to photograph.










This is one of those night-blooming cactus so by the time I had finished my walk and was leaving, the bloom was already starting to wilt.  I haven't seen this cactus bloom very often so I was glad I caught it when I did.

8 comments:

Travel said...

Amazing, night blooming plants are a nice novelty, I has a friend in Florida who collected them

biebkriebels said...

So pretty!

Steve Reed said...

Nice blossom, and strange cactus! It's a bit like an organ pipe cactus, but bumpier. Maybe a relative? (I know nothing about cacti.)

Andy said...

I wish they were growing in my part of the world.

RedPat said...

It isalways a thrill to see your shots of flowers on a cactus, Sharon.

Sami said...

Pretty flower, it looks tiny compared to the gigantic cactus.

Gemel said...

Is it queen of the night Sharon? It is beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!