Saturday, May 7, 2022

A Variety of Spring Blooms

 


I'm enjoying seeing flowers in a variety of places right now. Our weather in the Phoenix area allows us to have flowers all year long but, they seem more intense to me in the spring months.  Above is a row of pots filled with blooms that I saw in Scottsdale.

To the right, some bougainvillea petals in the late afternoon sun.














Above are some African daisies that were growing at the Desert Botanical Garden.  I love these with the blue centers.

And, to the left some lavender growing in front of a wall. There is a story to go with this last shot.  I had an early morning appointment to get my hair cut and the place I go has this wall separating the building from the parking lot with lavender growing in front of the wall. When I got out of my car, I reached for my iPhone to snap a photo and discovered I had left my phone at home.  About that time, my hairdresser arrived and asked what I was looking at.  I told him I was admiring the lavender and was going to take a photo but forgot my phone.  When I got home and picked up my phone, this photo was texted to me.  He went back outside after I left and took the photo and sent it to me.  He's such a nice guy!


12 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Top photo came out great.

biebkriebels said...

Lovely to see nature is blooming again.

Andy said...

The flowers brighten up the scene and the hairdresser brightens up your day. Who could ask for anything more?

RedPat said...

Your guest photographer did a good job. Here flowers in spring are a big event since we have seen no colour all winter.

Travel said...

How sweet of him, I have dried lavender in a vase on my bathroom counter.

Catarina said...

We need some colour here...

William Kendall said...

Very cheerful!

Catalyst said...

But how is he as a hairdresser?

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful blooms, and nicely photographed!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now that is service above and beyond!

Steve Reed said...

Excellent! A guest photographer! And not a bad shot, either, though I like your bougainvillea shot the best.

Jack said...

I suspect that your hairdresser did this for you because you are such a kind patron.