Friday, September 24, 2021

First Time Homeowner

 

Yesterday I posted a photo of the apartments I moved to in Tempe Arizona many, many years ago.  Today I have photos of my next move.  My roommate got married and I decided it was time for me to become a homeowner.  A few weeks ago, I went searching for this place in south Phoenix near the border with Tempe.  I knew the address but it still took me a while to find it because the place looked so different.  In fact, it looked pretty bad.  I wish I had a photo of what it looked like when I bought this little condo.  It was such a nice little neighborhood with beautiful grassy, park-like areas.  The buildings were all painted a combination light and dark brown.  It was a nice neighborhood with lots of young families and singles living there.


The neighborhood has taken a serious turn for the worse.  In fact, I was a little nervous getting out of the car to take these photos.  It was a shock to see it looking like this.

I bought this place when it was brand new.  I got to pick out the appliances and carpeting and I was very proud of it.  It was a great little starter home with two bedrooms upstairs and the kitchen, dining and living area downstairs.  It's so sad to see how it looks now.


12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It looks almost like a jail complex, so grey and closed.

Gemel said...

Goodness, it is a tad sad looking.

Stefan Jansson said...

A bit like a prison today!

Andy said...

Sharon we have something in common.

William Kendall said...

It looks foreboding.

Steve Reed said...

It does look grim, but I think it's mostly the paint job. It needs a couple of colors, or at least some accent paint on the trim.

Travel said...

The neighborhood needs artists and hipsters.

RedPat said...

It looks dismal, Sharon. Good you left years ago.

Catarina said...

Yes, It seems that neighborhood changed a lot.

Bill said...

Looks like it lost all of its charm.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Kind of sad to see a former house or neighborhood go downhill like that. I've had the same experience.

Jack said...

Not a very charming place, is it? Kind of painful to see a place that was important to you becoming down at the mouth.