Saturday, July 13, 2019

Slipper Plant


Here's a plant I don't think I've shown on this site before.  It's called a slipper plant but, it's official name is Euphorbia lomelii.  I've been told that it gets it's name from the blooms that supposedly look like ladies slippers.  Personally, I don't see the resemblance.  It's an unusual plant that produces these bloom but does not have any leaves.  It just has tall, erect stalks.  I see a lot of it in the hummingbird garden at the Desert Botanical Garden so it might be attractive to hummingbirds.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I agree with you, I don't see any slipper either.But it is a special one I have never seen before.

Andy said...

I don't don't see the resemblance either. It certainly looks different most flowers I have seen.

Steve Reed said...

What a weird plant! Evolution is amazing, isn't it?!

RedPat said...

No leaves - how odd! I don't see a slipper either!

The Padre said...

What A Shot!! Such A Beautiful Plant. What A World We Live On.

Cheers

Catarina said...

I believe I have never seen a slipper plant before. I would like to have one in my garden.

Bill said...

I've never seen or heard of a slipper plant before. Great shot of it, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

Pretty, Sharon!

Thérèse said...

Nerver saw that one before. Nice and original, like yin and yang.

Amy said...

I've never seen a plant like it.