Sunday, March 24, 2019

More Art to Celebrate


Here are a few more photos from the Celebration of Fine Art that I visited last Friday.  Stephanie Revennaugh had both paintings and sculptures at her station and there was  theme of horses in many of them.  Check her website and you will see many more wonderful horse sculptures.


I featured the artist above two years ago when I pictured his "Bull Market" painting. This one is of Times Square and he's added the two chairs right in the center.  Pete Tillack's work is amazingly detailed with just a touch of whimsy.

Speaking of whimsy, take a look at this happy bear.  This is a painting by Bruce Marion.  He paints wonderful art pieces of animals and scenes and in addition, has a special line of "joyful bears".  I have to admit, looking at his bears did make me smile.













The artist, Mark Lewanski wasn't in his booth when I visited to show.  If he had been, I would have asked him how he accomplishes this woven glass.  I think these are both beautiful and impossible.  I found a YouTube video of him discussing how he does this but, I think I'd have to see it in person to really understand.


























Here is a close up shot I took so I could show you the weaving detail. Isn't that simply amazing?



I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm taking a little trip in a flying machine.

7 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It looks wonderful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love everything here Sharon but oh wow, the glasswork in these last shots is incroyable, thanks for the link was really interesting ✨

Catarina said...

I like colours... many colours...

Steve Reed said...

Woven glass?! I've never heard of such a thing. Amazing! (And beautiful!)

Bill said...

Beautiful colours on the woven glass. It's stunning work.

William Kendall said...

I love the bear!

RedPat said...

The glass is amazing! Wow!