Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Festival of the Arts


It was a day filled with happy shopping last Saturday when I attended the Scottsdale Festival of the Arts with a friend of mine.  We arrived at 11:30 and shopped the many booths until 4:30 so you might say we made a day of it.

Apparently, the beautiful glass vendors caught my eye because when I looked at the photos I had taken, a lot of them were of places selling artistic glass objects.  I loved the colorful vases above and I was tempted but resisted.

I recognized the glass flowers to the left. When I stopped to confirm, I saw that I was right.  These pretty glass flowers were made by Viscosity Art Glass of Boulder Colorado.  They are same people who created the gorgeous displays two years ago at the Sherman Gardens in California.  I posted about that show here.


The festival was huge with lots of different art to admire.  This vendor had creative ceramics.  


The city of Scottsdale got a bit creative with this year's festival.  It's held every year at the Scottsdale Civic Park but, this year the park is under some serious construction.  In fact there is a big opening in the center of the park and you can't really get from one side to the other at the moment without making a trip completely around the park's perimeter.  They solved the problem creatively with some scaffolding.  The picture above isn't the greatest, but you can see the scaffolding and some people crossing it if you peek under the that umbrella.  They are in the background climbing over the opening to get to the other side and to the other half of the festival vendors.

I'll have a few more great art works tomorrow.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is a nice event to enjoy.

RedPat said...

It looks like it was a cool day which is perfect for wandering around such a show! You didn't show us any purchases so I guess you resisted.

William Kendall said...

Very colourful works!

Steve Reed said...

I love those vases! I'd have been tempted too.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I thought the first photo was jars of sweets, Some noce work there

Bill said...

Those vases are gorgeous. Looks like a wonderful event to attend.

Tanza Erlambang said...

perfect day... nice event

Catalyst said...

When we lived in Phoenix (during our early days) we visited this festival many times. It is one of the best.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh you did well resisting temptation here Sharon. Talk about straining our minimalist ideals by visiting such exhibitions 😀😀

Jack said...

I think I went to an outdoor art festival in Scottsdale so many years ago that I can't remember the details . . . . . . .