Monday, September 14, 2015

Hollow Eyes


Back in June I posted a mural I found and the artist was there working on it at the time.  You can see it here.  That mural was on a long wall in a narrow passage way and there was a series of murals all along the wall.  This is another one of the murals on that wall.  This one is closest to the street so it can be easily seen when driving past.  I'm not sure what it represents but the artist is Tyson Krank.  His murals tend to depict figures with rather vacant eyes so this one fits his style perfectly.

16 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

'Mexican day of the dead' do you think Sharon? It's beautifully done, very striking mural.

Anonymous said...

Very hypnotic looking!

Karl said...

Beautifully painted, but somewhat scary...

Birdman said...

Wouldn't want to turn the corner here at night.

Mersad said...

A wonderful mural. If you like you can link in on an all new edition of "Through My Lens" photo meme. Link is below.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Lowell said...

I must be out of the loop. I think these are just plain ugly and a blot on the landscape. But, what the heck do I know? Perhaps this artist could work with the usual materials and hang his stuff in a gallery? :)

RedPat said...

Very spooky with those eyes, Sharon!

Halcyon said...

Oh wow! That is a mural that makes you look twice (or more!).

William Kendall said...

Very unusual!

Lois said...

A bit creepy, but I like it!

Kathy said...

Definitely spooky. With a name like Krank I don't associate the figures with day of the dead. Phoenix has certainly become a city of murals in the last few years.

Bob Crowe said...

Bit of a Darth Vader look with individualized headwear.

VP said...

Not very nice to look at, but surely eye-catching...

LOLfromPasa said...

Looks very dark and spooky. Perhaps not my favourite style of Street Art.

Kate said...

This is very startling mural, one not to be missed.

Randy said...

Love it.