Sunday, March 22, 2015

Semi-annual luncheon


When I first moved to Arizona (a very, very long time ago :-) I took a job at a local bank called Continental Bank.  The owner of the bank had been in the mortgage lending business for a long time before becoming a bank and the people I worked with all knew each other.  I quickly became part of the "family" and I continued to work there for many years until the bank was sold to Chase Manhattan.  The list of mergers that happened after that is too long to list here and most of the people I worked with went off in many directions but, we still meet for lunch twice a year and catch up.  That is what happened yesterday, our spring luncheon.


Being at the lunch yesterday reminded my just how long I've been taking photos.  The bank had a monthly in-house publication and they would feature some of my photos from time to time.  Someone brought a handful of these old publications to the lunch and it was fun looking at them again.  The child above was one of my portraits from a Christmas publication.


In this one I actually spotted a photo of me cheering on our bank softball team.  That's me right there on the end in the photo above.  Gosh I was young back then!!

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  If red, ripe cherries make you smile, check it out.

13 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So good to keep in touch with workmates like this Sharon.. It's amazing to look back and see photos that we took many years ago, with FILM :) so much easier these days :)

Anonymous said...

Where does time go?!?

cieldequimper said...

That's a brilliant idea and to keep it up for so long is fantastic! Nice to see you 'way back then' too!

Judy said...

That is amazing that all those people still have a get-together after all the years. That little girl looks like Kim.

Kate said...

You had a wonderful relationship with one another if you folks are still meeting after all these years!

Kathy said...

That's great that someone actually saved them!

William Kendall said...

Looking back at those shots must bring back a lot of memories.

RedPat said...

That is wonderful that you all still meet up! It's hard to believe how quickly the years go by.

Catalyst said...

Nice memories.

Randy said...

It's nice that you still have team lunches.

Thérèse said...

What a great way to catch up with the people you have known for so long. It is sometimes frustating to think about the ones we have known for long while working with them and not knowing what happened to them since.
Pictures are a great way to remember them here is the proof.

Halcyon said...

It's fun to meet up and reminisce.

Steve Reed said...

How great that you still get together!