Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Palma Viva

Palma Viva is the name of this little condominium community built around the original date farm buildings. You enter from a narrow private drive lined with these tall trees. I’m standing in the middle of the drive looking up into the row of trees. On my left is a row of homes built in the 1970’s and constructed to blend in with the already standing farm buildings to the right of the driveway. At the same time the newer homes were built, the old farm buildings were being converted into small condos. Tomorrow I’ll feature a photo taken around the older buildings.



While walking around the area with camera in hand, I met a lovely lady who invited me into her home and gave me copies of some of the historical information about the site. Included in the papers she gave me was the sketch in the small photo. It depicts the entrance drive into the area. The drive is narrow and well shaded making it difficult to see from busy 44th Street and offering the residents inside the walls a quiet respite from the busy street only a few yards away.

10 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

That was nice of her, always interesting to learn more about the place where you live.

Kate said...

Anxious to see the photos you will be posting soon!

Irina said...

Rows of palm-trees is still one of the most exciting sights for me! Probably that's because this is still extremely rare picture in my life :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful date palm trees!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I have driven by there on 44th Street hundreds of times on my way to work or the airport, but I have never looked to see what was amidst the date palms. You Daily Photo blog teaches us so much about sites often overlooked, but well worth a visit.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

I love this photo of the palm trees. the angle is great. The sketch from the resident is a very nice touch!

Judy said...

Taking photo's is a nice way to meet new people. The drawing is wonderful. Can't wait to see more of this place.

Jackie said...

how lovely, I'd love palm trees around my place - it would feel so luxurious! Don't think we quite have the climate for them though, sadly!

Unseen India Tours said...

Palm Trees Are Looking So Fantastic!! Good Photo

Emilie said...

I used to live here! I miss my little condo so much.