Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Walking

On back side of the Phoenix Art Museum is a programmable LED display of two people walking. It can be seen from McDowell Road, a major thoroughfare in Phoenix. It appears to run all of the time with these two electronic caricatures casually walking along. I took these four pictures and put them together to give you an idea of how it looks. The woman is ahead and then the man overtakes her and soon she overtakes the man again. And so it goes, on and on. For some reason, I find it very amusing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am guessing it is the most seen sign or display in your city. A great idea.

Curly said...

Hi from South Shields, nice picture you have here today on walking.

I need your support, see my latest post at South Shields Daily Photo

Photographers rights in the UK and worldwide are under increasing threat and we need to make a stand now!

Unless something changes dramatically, this will be the last ever post at South Shields Daily Photo.

EG CameraGirl said...

It's fun to watch these displays. Sort of like gazing at an open fire or at a waterfall. ;-)

Kate said...

Sorry for my mental density, but what is the purpose of the sign...en enticement to enter the building? I guess it's too early for my brain to function properly!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea and a clever composition of yours! :-)

angela said...

I think I'd be mesmerised but then I'd wonder what it meant...is it art?