We got our summer rain on Thursday night and when I woke up on Friday morning, it was only 76 degrees (24c) outside. I drove to the Desert Botanical Garden and got in a two hour walk.
I arrived around 6:45 AM and found the garden almost empty. It was so refreshing to have the place almost to myself.
There were lots of desert rose blooms to enjoy and I couldn't resist photographing many of them. Here are three plants but only the center one has blooms on it.
I'll have some more photos to share next week. I didn't see a lot of animals out but I did see lots of birds and bees and butterflies. It was great to be enjoying the desert.




6 comments:
A glorious morning.
That's wonderful! 24 degrees! Unbelievable. : ))
That sounds like a perfect morning for you, Sharon.
Only 24? That's like an average summer for us here but I'm sure all the plants loved the rain, have a great weekend.
I well know that feeling of finally getting much needed rain. Enjoy.
Oh, that sounds amazing. We're not seeing temperatures like that in Italy, and the UK is hot as heck too, from what we understand!
Post a Comment