Sunday, October 6, 2024

Back at a Museum

 


My friend Glenda and I went to the Western Spirit Museum in Scottsdale on Friday to get a last look at the William Matthews exhibit.  The exhibit closes on October 20th.  I had only seen it once last fall and I posted about it here.  Matthews is such a talented artist and has had such a varied and extensive career.  

The piece to the left is one of his  watercolor paintings that he had fabricated into glass pieces to form this mosaic piece.  It's called "Hard Candy". 










I was also amused by this watercolor painting called "Anasazi Graffiti".  Such a clever name for this image of a Native American putting petroglyphs on the canyon wall.  


This one really excited my friend Glenda.  She was all set to buy a puzzle like this.

Matthew's had that same painting I featured in the first photo cut into a puzzle with pieces in western-themed shapes.  

Unfortunately, this is one of only a very few he had made and according to the young lady in the gift shop, making just one cost around $2000.00.  So this puzzle will have to stay behind that glass case.

No comments: