Tuesday, May 4, 2021

The Last House on the Tour

 

The last home on the Phoenix Home and Garden tour was what is called a "spec" home.  This home was built specifically to sell and has never been lived in yet.  


This was a very modern home with lots of glass in every room.

The landscape included a big saguaro cactus placed right at the entrance with a large hole in the porch ceiling so it can grow out through the hole.  




























The back of the house faces the mountains so there will always be a spectacular view to enjoy.  You can see some blooming Palo Verde trees just over that attractive garden wall.


Behind the seating area was a lovely gas fireplace.  Perfect for those chilly winter nights in the desert.  


The pool was interesting with a little path way across it near the windows.  I didn't attempt to cross it but I saw many people who did.  One lady did it in very high heels.  

Tomorrow I'll show you some photos from inside.  And, I'll reveal the price.  





15 comments:

biebkriebels said...

There is a lot of glass in that house, I am curious to the inside tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

Very modern.

Stefan Jansson said...

This will cost you a few $!

Travel said...

If I won the PowerBall,

RedPat said...

It is gorgeous but probably a bit pricey!

Catarina said...

The view is fantastic...
I wonder how long has it been on the market.

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . that home is beautiful! I can't even imagine living in a home like that!

Bill said...

great view, I love all the glass and the hole for the cactus to grow.

Revrunner said...

Keen trick putting that house last. Priming the pump, you might say. :-)

Marleen said...

A wonderfully designed house.

Gemel said...

Lacks warmth in my opinion. The skylight for the cactus was a nice touch though.

Catalyst said...

Looks like a fancy prison to me. Perhaps for politicians and other felons.

Sami said...

I like the outdoor area and the views too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh I can just imagine the price Sharon, that's a million dollar view to start with 💜

Jack said...

I'm not a modernist, pure and simple. It feels very cold to me.