Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Color Purple

 

I look forward every year to seeing the Guayacan shrub bloom and it seems the bees look forward to it too.  I love the tiny purple flowers that bloom on the plant at this time of year.

It's one of the plants that I spent some time admiring and photographing on my two walks at the Desert Botanical Garden last weekend.  

The entire shrub is not as photogenic as the tiny flowers are but this at least gives an idea of how big and full it gets.  I guess some places actually trim it so it looks like a small tree.  It's those pretty purple flowers that appeal to me.

The color purple was making a pretty good showing all over the garden.  Here is just a sample of the many purple and lavender blooms I found.  


14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice all a bit different.

Andy said...

That is what I call eye candy.

Travel said...

Amazing color,

Людмила Кишкунова said...

Очень красивый кустарник! Спасибо, что рассказала о нём!
Ам у нас в Сибири растут другие красивые кустарники https://serdzerasum.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post_20.html

Thérèse said...

Such a nice display.
I do like purple now but not at all when growing up. It was for me a color for older people but now I marvel about purple flowers like the flowers you show us and the hedgehog cactus as I remember. In fact I am now working on the color purple made with a mix of opera rose and ultramarine deep for painting lavender fields.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So so beautiful Sharon, the colour purple really makes an impression in a garden, I have both fingers and toes crossed that my wisteria blooms this year 💜

Steve Reed said...

Pretty! The flowers are so colorful close-up, but then they blend into the greenery from a distance.

RedPat said...

It is such a gorgeous colour and you pics are great, Sharon!

Catarina said...

They are very beautiful.

Bill said...

Nice and colourful, very pretty.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shade on these.

Gemel said...

Lovely, here the purple flowers attract blue banded bees. Do you have any blue bees?

R's Rue said...

Beautiful
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Anything that attracts the bees is worth planting I think.