Sunday, March 15, 2020

A Day Surrounded by Art


I mentioned yesterday that I spent the day at the Celebration of Fine Art in far north Scottsdale.  That is the annual event that brings together nearly 100 artists from all over the country who work together from January through March inside the very large white tents that make up this temporary art studio.


I go every year and have a wonderful time seeing such a huge variety of art and meeting the artists who make it all.  The pieces I've feature above are by Doug Fountain who resides in Ft. Lauderdale Florida.  His artist's statement reads "As I honor and embrace my Native American heritage, I strive to have my artistry and craftsmanship reflect my deep passion for my heritage."  Doug explained to us his ideas for his pieces and how he embeds his pieces with the symbols of his heritage.  I love these colorful pieces. They speak to me.


The second artist I'll feature today is Jenny Foster.  Jenny lives in Scottsdale and creates these whimsical oil paintings.  Her artist's statement reads "People smile when they see my work. It is simply meant to bring a bit of joy to the observer's life - a kind of childlike happiness we all once knew. If I can evoke that happiness in my work, I feel I have succeeded."  Don't you love that pup in the blue hat in the top photo on the right?

I'll show you some more next week.  As always, it was such a rich experience to see these works and talk with the artists.



I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting the colorful birds of Isola Madre.

8 comments:

RedPat said...

I like both of these artists' work a lot, Sharon! I could live with those on my walls for sure.

Revrunner said...

Beautiful!

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful works!

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Dzieła tych artystów są niezwykłe. Obrazy wywołują uśmiech na twarzy.

Bill said...

What beautiful art. And the dog with the hat, is awesome.

Kay said...

I love what you're showing here, particularly Doug Fountain's masks. I love his art.

Linda said...

I love places like this! Thanks for sharing.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love every single piece Sharon, lots of lovely colour there 💙