Monday, June 17, 2019

Temporary Murals



I'm a bit embarrassed to post these murals because they are gone now.  I took these photos and filed them away and then forgot all about them.  They we're up temporarily at the Heard Museum and covered many of the walls of the buildings that make up the museum property.
























They are all by Cheyenne Randall, a Cheyenne River Sioux.  They are made of paper and put up with wheat paste.



They were very attractive while they were up.  I believe they were commissioned as part of an exhibit that was called "Dear Listener".  That was a very provocative exhibit that I enjoyed very much.

Better late than never, I guess.

Monday Murals!

14 comments:

Andy said...

Impressive murals. Too bad they are gone.

biebkriebels said...

Yes sas they are gone, they are beautiful painted.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm so glad you posted them Sharon, it would have been a shame to miss them altogether, they're so beautifully executed ✨

RedPat said...

They were so well done, Sharon! Too bad they are gone.

Sami said...

They are beautiful Sharon, glad you posted them. What a pity they are gone though... The first face reminded me of Audrey Hepburn.
Thanks for contributing.

William Kendall said...

The first one particularly stands out.

Traudel said...

Audrey Hepburn, Steve McQueen... These are all great murals! Aren't most murals gone after some time? Shame...

Bill said...

They are beautifully done, Sharon. It's great that you captured them in photos. The third one made me think of Steve McQueen. Glad you shared them, thanks.

Steve Reed said...

Even if they're gone, we can enjoy them via your photos! I like the Audrey Hepburn one best, though I wonder what she'd have thought of the tattoos...

Linda said...

I recognized Steve McQueen right away. Is that Bob Dylan?

I'm surprised the artist did not get sued for copyright violation, considering what happened to Shepard Fairey for his Obama poster.

Catalyst said...

They were great!

Thérèse said...

So attractive! Too bad they don't stay.

Jack said...

Still worth seeing them. Excellent murals. In Montreal last week, they have a mural festival and often they paint over murals that are two or three years old.

Catarina said...

I'm sorry they are gone!!
They were great murals.