Monday, June 24, 2019

Contemporary Glass Art


The exhibit I went to the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art to see was called Divergent Materiality: Contemporary Glass Art.  There were some very creative and beautiful pieces in this exhibit all using glass in different ways.

The piece at top made me chuckle a bit.  It's called "Aristocrap" by artist Matt Eskuche.  It features all kinds of everyday things that appear to be silver plated but, it's all glass.

To the left is a piece by Vivian Wang and it is called Rooster Princess.













This last one is called "Seeker" by Lucy Lyon.

The third exhibit at the museum was called Mutual Reality: Art on the Edge of Technology.  That one was really impossible to photograph.  It contained a series of interactive exhibits.  I had fun making shapes change and music play simply by moving and touching.

If you live in the Phoenix area, I highly recommend seeing these three exhibits.  It's something to do inside a cool museum on these hot summer days.


8 comments:

Thérèse said...

Beautiful. The second piece reminds me of Christmas ornaments.
I can only imagine the precautions that need to be taken by the artist not to break anything.

biebkriebels said...

Amazing glass art, very delicate material to work with.

The Padre said...

Absolutely Stunning - Well Done

Cheers

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow! That's very clever glass blowing Sharon, I would love to be in the Phoenix area to see this exhibition ✨
P.s. you are a very good detective, love the way you deduced the correct reflection 😊

Steve Reed said...

Nice! Definitely different from what we usually see when we think of glass art. Does Ellen Abbott read your blog? I might turn her on to this post -- she's a glass artist.

William Kendall said...

Seeker particularly appeals to me.

Bill said...

Absolutely gorgeous and beautifully photographed.

RedPat said...

That Rooster Princess is fabulous! I assume the clothing is made from clay - I was trying to read the tag.