Sunday, January 13, 2019

Where Will the Bugs Sleep Tonight?


I took a walk on Friday at the Desert Botanical Garden and I found two new "bug" hotels located on the garden grounds.  These are clever little structures that give those bugs that are so beneficial to garden life a place to sleep and have families.  I loved this one, The Grand Budapest Hotel.  They didn't even have to switch any letters in the name for this one.  The "pest" part fits the theme perfectly.


The other one I found isn't as regal looking as the hotel above which I'm sure would not sit well with a certain English royal family.  This one is "Bug-ingham Palace".

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm back inside the Guggenheim checking out the art.


10 comments:

Amy said...

They're cute and very grand.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Ver good, som eposh bug hotels there

biebkriebels said...

Funny names they have!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh dear! Bugingham Palace looks like it needs a right royal restoration 😀 cute idea though.

Judy Ryer said...

cute! I never thought about insects needing homes before. Just didn't want any moving in with me.

Unknown said...

I had no idea the garden had these cute little hotels. I will look for them on my next visit.

William Kendall said...

Those are neat!

Bill said...

Very cool, the names are funny and perfect!

Steve Reed said...

I love it! Someone really put some work into the Grand Bugapest. I have to wonder if bugs really need a hotel, though. I mean, they're BUGS. Can't they just sleep in a log or under a rock or something? We put some bug hotels in our garden and from all I can tell nary a bug has moved in.

RedPat said...

These are great fun, Sharon!