Sunday, November 11, 2018

Untamed: Wild Compositions





The Desert Botanical Garden has a small gallery and they have exhibits of artworks throughout the year.  Each exhibit has something to do with nature and the mission of the garden.  The current exhibit is called Untamed: Wild Compositions by Frank Gonzales.






















The exhibit contains a series of paintings that depict desert plants and desert wildlife.



































I think my favorites are the owl in the top photo and this little cactus wren.

They are beautiful works of art!



I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I've compiled a group of random shots from my recent trip to New York.

10 comments:

Catarina said...

I like Gonzales' work.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh to be so talented! I love the look in the owl's eyes, as if it has just spotted it's prey!
P.s. I can see you cruising in a TBird Sharon, it would so suit you!

Lowell said...

Mr. Gonzales is a skilled artist! These are delightful. My faves are the first two but I do like them all. Thanks for sharing them!

Judy Ryer said...

I love them all!

RedPat said...

I could happily live with any of these, Sharon! Wonderful work.

Bill said...

Stunning work, I love them especially the owl. Such a talented artist Frank Gonzales is, very creative indeed!

Andy said...

Top notch paintings.

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful paintings. Those added drips and streaks of color are interesting...

William Kendall said...

They certainly are beautiful works!

Jack said...

They are all well painted. Especially the owl.