Friday, August 24, 2018

Obelisk


Back in July I posted a photo of the Cancer Survivor's Memorial sculpture that is located in a little pocket-park. That little park is named the Cancer Survivor's Park.

This pretty obelisk is also located in that same tiny park.



























It's called the Blue Moon Obelisk and it was created by Marlo Bartels.

Bartels is a well known California ceramic artist.  I don't know of any other pieces he's created that are located in the Phoenix area but this one certainly is a beauty.  I love it!

15 comments:

Mersad said...

It's really great. Love the colors, they play nicely with the grey/green backdrop.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

biebkriebels said...

It is really very beautiful with thw bright colours.

Kate said...

Coming upon a small park in a city landscape is always such a pleasure, isn't it. Like an oasis. This obelisk is colourful and obviously has much meaning!

Steve Reed said...

Yes! Beautiful!

Sandi said...

Wow!

What does it symbolize?


RedPat said...

I love it too, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

Very colourful! We have a cancer survivor park, which I've seen passing by, but haven't stopped at.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I love it to Sharon.. perfect place for such an inspirational piece of work. The colours are cheerful and uplifting at the same time ✨

Karl said...

It's great ! I've never seen such a colorful Obelisk !

Judy Ryer said...

I like it!

Bill said...

The obelisk is very pretty and colourful, I love it!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Yes, that's a beauty! In the first photo, the saguaros kind of complement the obelisk.

Amy said...

I think it's really awesome to put up such a memorial.

Caro G said...

What a beautiful tribute.

Jack said...

Ooooh, this colorful obelisk is special!