Saturday, December 2, 2017

National Mutt Day


A week or so ago I checked that National "Day" calendar just to see if anything interesting was coming up and I noticed that December 2nd was National Mutt Day.  Well, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to pay tribute to our wonderful four legged friends.  I searched my files for a good "mutt" photo but only came up with an assortment of pure breeds.  So, I dug back into the really old, photo files and found these two photos of my former babies, Buffy and Jody.  (Yes, they were named for a couple of TV characters from long ago.)

You can tell these are old photo because they are a bit on the faded side but they were still good enough to scan.









This is them when they were puppies.  When I picked them out of the litter, they looked very much the same but, they gradually started growing into two dogs who looked totally unrelated.  Over the years, they got pretty good at posing for the camera!  I feel so lucky to have been blessed with their love for a good number of years.  I couldn't have picked two more perfect mutts!

So, let's celebrate all those lovable mutts out there!

11 comments:

Andy said...

I also have sweet memories of my dogs. Thanks for making me remember.

Christine said...

How totally different they both turned out to be - but so sweet and lovable!

Kate said...

Oh, how they changed as mature canines, but one thing remained the same, I'd bet. . . unconditional love! Aren't we lucky when these animals enter our lives, and they must have given you much pleasure. You know, of course, that I have one now of unparalleled excellence!

RedPat said...

They were sweeties, Sharon! I really miss having a dog to love but one of my friends from the old dog park is getting a new pup after Christmas so I am looking forward to that.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Two adorable mutts Sharon ☺ I bet you missed them for a long time after they passed.. pets really know how to worm their way into our hearts.

William Kendall said...

What cuties!

Lowell said...

They are adorable, Sharon, and I'm glad you were able to share their love for a number of years. I didn't know it was Mutt Day, but we went to an arts and craft show and there were people from the Humane Society present with some dogs ready for adoption. I almost took one home but then remembered my kitty warned me against doing such a thing!

There's an old joke about an old drunk who claimed he only drank of special occasions and holidays. He would drink a lot today because it's National Mutt Day!

Judy Ryer said...

Buffy turned out to look just like her mom, Doogle. I don't know where Jody got his handsome looks.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I have a loveable Mutt a Sheltie whi si soo cute and cuddly

Bill said...

I used to have dogs but not now. We miss them but we also have some great fun memories. Still laugh and talk about them all these years later. Your dogs are cuties!

Jack said...

You were lucky to have the love of good dogs. I miss some of mine, and am happy to visit Susie's wonderful weimaraners.