Monday, December 11, 2017

Beyond


Someone told me about this mural so I went looking for it.  It's located in the Coronado Historic District on the side of building sitting on an alley.  It's called Mas Alla which translates to "Beyond".


The pretty lady is looking out into space with the moon to one side of her.  The mural was painted by Mata Ruda (Karlito Miller Espinosa) with help from his girlfriend Lucinda Yrene.

Karlito was born in Costa Rica and raised in Venezuela before moving to Arizona when he was just 11 years old.  Today he paints all over the world.

It has a dreamy look to it that I like.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Wonderful! Seeing only a partial face has my mind working overtime wondering what I am missing out on.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting! I like the flowers in her hair -- a nice touch.

RedPat said...

I like it a lot, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

It feels South American to me.

Bill said...

Seeing only her partial face makes you want to see the rest. Interesting and beautiful, I like it.

Judy Ryer said...

Very nice!

Amy said...

I really like it too, whoever painted it is very clever.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's beautifully painted Sharon, wonder what the artist's concept was.

Jack said...

It is very well painted.

Thérèse said...

Such wonderful murals around Phoenix!