Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pumpkin Season


It's definitely pumpkin season right now.  I'm seeing piles of them everywhere I go.  


Some of these will be turned into jack-o-lanterns and find themselves glowing in front of houses on Halloween night.  For the adventurous cooks, some of these will end up being pumpkin pies and other pumpkin treats.  I bet there will even be some who go to the trouble to dry the seeds for snacking sometime in the future.  With all those possibilities in mind, I'm betting most of these will end up big smiles or scary grins.   

12 comments:

Andy said...

Let the fun begin.

Thérèse said...

All in all pumpkins are the queens of Halloween!

RedPat said...

I agree, Sharon! They are nice & bright to see at this time of year.

Lowell said...

I saw this post and couldn't help myself: I immediately began singing, "I'm outta my gourd over you." That's when Lois Anne turned off the hot water in the shower. I think she may have been sending me a message. Oui?

Silver in AZ said...

i love a good pumpkin bread, although I haven't made it in about 5 years...

Judy Ryer said...

I remember when Mom made pies from the pumpkin we had. What a chore that was. I have never tried that. I have heard they take the left over pumpkins to the zoo and the animals get a treat.

William Kendall said...

They are a cheerful sight to see.

Steve Reed said...

We had piles of pumpkins in front of our produce shop a year or two ago, but I don't see them this year. Either they were bought out early, or they didn't sell in the past and weren't restocked this season!

Bill said...

I see lots of pumpkin pies in the future. :)

Christine said...

Same here! They were selling fast today in my local grocery store & I imagine lots of carving going on now!

Bob Crowe said...

That top one is a beautiful, quasi-abstract shot. Intense form and color.

Jack said...

Your first image is a new approach to photographing a pumpkin.