Thursday, June 25, 2015

Art Challenge Club Meeting

My art club met last Friday evening and because of schedules, we skipped the May meeting so we had two different challenge works to display.  The first subject was "Secouez l'Aqueux" which we had to translate and the translation we settled on was "shake the water".  For my piece I did a triptych of photos that I took at the Arizona Falls park.  There is plenty of moving water at that park.  Here are the three photos I used.




I converted the photos to black and white because I thought they had more impact that way and then I framed them together.



Here is a somewhat bad photo of the framed result.

That water is definitely shaking.

The second subject we presented was "Sunset".  Tomorrow I'll show you what I did for that challenge.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, you have captured the motion of the water beautifully.

Roseann said...

Well done, Sharon. Do you do the framing yourself? Trés cher, non?

Kathy said...


Very interesting. I never knew about this place so I had to look it up on the web.

Karl said...

Well done, Sharon, the 3 photos are beautiful and fit well together !

Sharon said...

Roseann, this one I framed myself. But, I do use Aaron Brothers for more complex framing jobs.

Judy said...

Looks like you got it right for the theme. They look nice framed together that way.

Unknown said...

Fabulous shots, Sharon, love them all! Looking forward to seeing your sunsets tomorrow.

Steve Reed said...

Those turned out really well! You did a good job capturing sufficiently different images to make them interesting, and I agree that the black & white suits them. Bravo!

Lowell said...

Excellent! You are an artist and very creative!

RedPat said...

They worked really well, Sharon! Bravo!

William Kendall said...

I really like the effect!

cieldequimper said...

I love your secouez l'aqueux! Well done, wouldn't mind that tryptich on my wall!

Lois said...

Great job Sharon! The black and white really does work well.

Catalyst said...

Those are excellent shots, Sharon.

Randy said...

Beautiful photos Sharon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

On nice work Sharon, brilliant translation of the water theme, beautifully shown together like this. Going up to see the sunsets now!

Kate said...

Black and white was a perfect choice for your photos.

LOLfromPasa said...

Fantastic and I love how they are framed.

Jack said...

Your first photo is really something. At first, it looked like the waters were parting.

Halcyon said...

These are fantastic! Perfect in black and white.

Thérèse said...

The triptych is very evocative especially in B&Q.