Saturday, October 6, 2012

Food Trucks & Blue Hair


My office moved last week to our new location in a great old brick building in downtown Phoenix.  We are located exactly one block from the spot where the Saturday Farmer's Market is held.  That same spot is also home to a weekly event called "Food Truck Friday".  The Farmer's Market lot is filled up with all sorts of food trucks and people come from all over to have lunch there.  Yesterday was my first trip there and I took my camera with me.  There were so many people and the crowds were so thick that I almost gave up on getting a good photo.  Then I spotted the lady with the blue hair I thought that's my shot.  It is certainly a shade of blue that gives a whole new meaning to the blue hair crowd.

Lunch was delicious by the way.  I was impressed.  I bet as the weather starts to cool off, it will get even busier here on Fridays.

11 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

What a fun way to have lunch on Fridays.

And last night was the First Friday art walk. I left the office a little before 9:00 p.m. and had to drive on Roosevelt Street just east of Central. I had to turn off because the crowds were so thick.

Birdman said...

Blue's my favorite color, but not today after seeing this chick. hahahaha

Kathy said...

Maybe this blue-haired lady will set a trend. Maybe I'll have to try lunch at this spot in a couple of weeks!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How nice to have so much choice Sharon, it's making me a little hungry thinking about it. Aimee (my daughter) tells me blue is her next pick for hair colour, I'm hoping to talk her out of it haha!

Judy said...

This food truck event must be getting around. Toni was telling us that they go to one in Reno too.

I hear that the trend to color ones hair in bright pastel shades is becoming popular. At least that's what I was told at the salon the other day. She sure stands out in a crowd.

Pat said...

We've come a long way from the proverbial Roach Coach.

RedPat said...

Wow - that's takes a lot of nerve to go outside with hair that colour. You have to know that everyone will look at you or take your pic!

Magpie said...

You are so right...this isn't what I think of when I hear the phrase "blue hair" around Phoenix. :) I know you know what I mean.

Randy said...

She needs an orange t-shirt. Is the Farmer's market still on Central?

Jack said...

Blue on blue, heartache on heartache . . . It is a bit bold for my taste.

Kate said...

She doesn't look to be old enough to be one of the "blue hairs." It certainly is an attraction, altho not very attractive for my taste. Speaking of taste, we, too, have a bonanza of food truck and it's great!!