Here is another set from the archives. Back in the spring of 2009 when the first Chihuly exhibit left the Desert Botanical Garden, the next exhibit arrived in November of that year. The new exhibit featured the sculptures of Native American artist Allan Houser. The exhibit contained some very traditional sculpture along with many abstract sculptures. The one above had central position at the garden visible as you entered. It is called Spirit of the Wind.
This sculpture was positioned along the wildflower trail. It depicts two woman having a conversation and is appropriately called Dialogue.
This last one was a more traditional sculpture and it is called Warm Springs Apache Man. This exhibit remained at the garden until the end of spring 2010 and was just as popular as the Chihuly exhibit.



4 comments:
The Gardens are a real gem of the desert.
I like the Spirit of the Wind.
I would love to have a smaller version of it in my little garden.
Wonderful, Sharon.
Nice to revisit this exhibit. I like the energy of that first piece.
Post a Comment