My good friends Julie and Dave have spent the last two weeks on a cruise around Greenland stopping in some incredibly beautiful locations. They have sent messages along the way with lots and lots of breathtaking photos. I decided to share a few. I had no idea that Greenland was such a beautiful place! The city above is Ittoqqortoormiit.
They had the opportunity to hike in several locations and sent photos of arctic wildflowers along with some pretty fabulous views.
That is their National Geographic cruise ship in the background along with some colorful icebergs in the foreground.
Here's a closer view of the ship taken as they were taking a zodiac to the shore for another hike.
I expected to see lots of snow and ice but I didn't expect such a diverse landscape. The scene above looks almost desert-like.
They got to see icebergs up close.
They also got to see the eclipse last week from a "totality" vantage point.
Judging from their messages full of exciting adventures, I'd say they enjoyed this trip very much.
Julie and Dave can now say that they've covered the globe from top to bottom!







1 comment:
Greenland is an incredible place, awesome photos.
Post a Comment