Saturday, August 29, 2026

Lunar Eclipse Surprise

 


It was "champagne Thursday" a couple of days ago and I was enjoying an evening of champagne, sushi and conversation at my friend Glenda's house.  Dave (Glenda's son-in-law) had joined us and when afterward Dave and I were heading to our cars, he mentioned that there was supposed to be a lunar eclipse that night.  So I stopped in my tracks and looked up at the sky and sure enough, the eclipse was happening as we were standing there.  

I only had my cell phone so I didn't think there was much chance of getting a decent shot but I was pleasantly surprised.  I adjusted the exposure on the phone and this one turned out pretty good.  You can see the shadow over the moon had covered all but the very edge.  

What a great way to top off champagne Thursday!

3 comments:

Travel said...

How wonderful, so glad you looked up.

RedPat said...

That is fabulous, Sharon.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

WoW!
Incredibly frascinating.