Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Work on the Food


A few weeks ago I met some friends for brunch at a new place that had just opened up called Farm and Craft.  The location had been converted from another restaurant that was no longer there and they did a great job of putting their own stamp on the building.


I was disappointed with the menu which was very heavy on so-called "healthy" foods with combinations that just didn't sound appealing to me at all.  I ended up modifying my order so that I avoided combinations that I thought sounded unappetizing.

When friends asked if I wanted to meet them there for dinner last weekend, I thought sure, I'll give them another try.  Well, it's nice to know my first impressions were right.  There were four of us and not one of us enjoyed our food.  I ordered an interesting sounding soup and ended up sending it back.  The look of that soup alone had killed my appetite.

They did a good job on the look of the place.  Clearly, the owners should spend more time working on their menu.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is sad, everybody thinks they can open a restaurant, but you have to be able to cook aswell!

Andy said...

You are not alone. Every once in awhile I come across restaurants like that.

RedPat said...

I've had the same experience at a 'healthy' restaurant. You would lose weight if you had to eat there all of the time, Sharon. ;-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You are so right Sharon, it doesn't matter how fabulous a place looks if the food isn't good people just won't go back!

William Kendall said...

I tend to stick with the ones I know. Some restaurants do, for example, tend to change up their menu on a regular basis.

Judy Ryer said...

It's good to give a place a second chance. Now you don't have to go back. Healthy meals can look and taste wonderful if done right.

Bill said...

An unfortunate experience with a restaurant's food is not good. At least you know you won't be going back. Word travels fast these days with social media so maybe people will voice their displeasure and if there are a lot of complaints they will make the appropriate adjustments.

Silver in AZ said...

thanks for the warning!