Wednesday, November 30, 2016

More Copper Clad Buildings


I mentioned in a post last week that I found another new building going up in downtown Phoenix that is part of Arizona State University.  It's another building with copper siding and another building with an interesting architectural design.  I haven't yet seen what part of the school will be housed in this building but, I do know that it is located very close to some of the other medical studies buildings.


The new building is going up next door to another building with similar copper siding.  There is always something new going on in downtown Phoenix now that ASU has substantial presence in the city.

12 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Seems a bit expensive, sure it's not rusty steel, either way I don't feel it adds much to the looks

Christine said...

A really unusual style of building. I like the colour of the copper.

Steve Reed said...

Looks good, but as Bill said, I imagine it's super-expensive!

Thérèse said...

There are a couple of copper siding buildings in Phoenix, this one is really beautiful.

Judy said...

I'm not sure if I like it or not. Perhaps it's one that will grow on me over time.

Lois said...

I like the copper. Very unusual!

Lowell said...

Being an ASU grad back in the early 60s, the notion that the university has grown in such a manner is mind-boggling. I rather like the buildings, though. But I don't know what is the benefit, if any, of copper cladding...

Nice photos, Sharon, as usual!

William Kendall said...

Very unusual!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think university building should be different like this, I read somewhere that unusual architecture stimulates the brain 😀 I do like that they've thought ahead and softened the street view with the trees.

RedPat said...

Wow - these are so unusual! I wonder who the architect is, Sharon?

Jack said...

Wow! Can't imagine copper being used for cladding like this. But, it is quite an impressive building. It is going to be a great landmark for decades to come.

Unknown said...

That is a University of Arizona Building, both of them are. Not Asu.