Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Lunch Spot


This art deco style lunch spot is wedged between to tall office buildings in downtown Phoenix.  Ten years ago when I photographed it, the name Baja Fresh was above the door.  Baja Fresh was a fast food Mexican place that I thought was very good.  They closed all of their valley locations in 2013.  I tried to find out why but couldn't find anything that shed any light on the closures.  However, I did find out that there is still one open in Prescott Valley Arizona which happens to be where my sister lives.  Today this location is another lunch place called The Counter.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

All those nice spots are enclosed by high modern buildings, a bit sad.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

So was it any good to eat at

PerthDailyPhoto said...

As long as they don't ever touch that Art Deco exterior Sharon 😀

RedPat said...

At least the building survived the change, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

It does look overwhelmed by its surroundings.

Catarina said...

I think it looks very cozy in between those 2 tall buildings. : )

Bill said...

Those tall buildings do dwarf the restaurant. I wonder how many of the people who work in those buildings frequent "The Counter" for a meal.

Judy Ryer said...

I would have thought that Baja Fresh would have made it there. Ours is busy all the time.

Silver in AZ said...

The Counter is fun if you like burgers. You get to pick from many, many items.

You have El Pollo Loco's there, right?

Steve Reed said...

I like the Deco styling!

Jack said...

Chains come, chains go. The restaurant business is a very difficult one.