Sunday, June 4, 2017

Those Colorful Birds


I met my friend Glenda for lunch at Kierland Commons yesterday and look who I found living in one of the palm trees there.  See that hole in the tree?  He was going in and out of it so I assume he has a nest there.


I took these shots from across the street using the telephoto lens and it looks like the camera was more focused on the tree than the bird so they aren't the best snaps.  But, I so enjoy seeing these jolly little guys flying about and chattering in their parrot voices.


As I was watching, the flat mate popped out of the hole in the tree to see what was going on outside. They are such cute little guys.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm reviewing a bit of London's history.

10 comments:

Lowell said...

These are amazing shots. It's like they posed for you. In south Florida we had a lot of little green parrots - they were very noisy and drove everyone nuts!

Kate said...

They need that nest to escape from your summer heat. I was surprised to see the temperature recorded for Phoenix yesterday, and you were out in that heat? A true, dedicated photographer!

Thérèse said...

Cute little lovebirds, we used to find them at the Botanical where they live on and off.

Judy Ryer said...

Always fun to see them.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh I would be thrilled with these shots Sharon, what a beautiful coup!e, love that the other popped it's head out just as you were taking these shots!

Steve Reed said...

They're beautiful! I think the shots came out really well, considering you were across the street! Are they escaped pets or is there a feral colony there? (Probably were escaped pets at SOME point, I'm guessing...)

Bill said...

What a lovely cute couple. They really stand out in your photos. Very nice Sharon!

William Kendall said...

They certainly are colourful!

RedPat said...

I grew up with a pair of Peach Faced Lovebirds at home so have a soft spot for them. They can sure be noisy though!

Karl said...

These birds are sooo nice !