Thursday, June 1, 2017

Theme Day: Nature


What could be a better theme for me than "Nature"?  I LOVE nature and spend a lot of time photographing its wonders.  For today's theme I chose one of my favorite natural surprises, the cactus flower.  How can nature produce such spectacular beauty attached to such prickly and unfriendly plants?


I never get tired of them.  Every spring I'm out there photographing as many as I can find.  To me they are part of nature's mysterious ways!

To see how there city daily photo bloggers have represented nature, click here.

14 comments:

Halcyon said...

That is a fabulous shade of red!

Andy said...

Nature is the greatest show on earth.

Steve Reed said...

I never get tired of them either!

Thanks for your tip about the Beatles mural, by the way. It's my post today!

Judy Ryer said...

That color really pops!

Christine said...

Absolutely stunning Sharon! Keep on clicking!

Lowell said...

Your "natural" photos are always magnificent! Love these macros, especially the color and the sharpness of the 2nd one.

RedPat said...

Gorgeous, Sharon!

BarbRad said...

I love the bright colors. We don't see such a variety of cactus plants here, but we do see a few. I don't recall any as bright as this.

Bill said...

Stunning photos of beauty. Nature at its best, don't you just love it. Great photos for the nature theme, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

They certainly are a beautiful sight!

Jim said...

Great theme day shot.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Kate said...

Your flower shots are always beautiful: vivid and detailed.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You are right Sharon, you couldn't have picked a better subject for the theme, they are exotically beautiful, the colours spectacular!

Karl said...

Wonderful pictures for this theme day, Sharon !