Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Decorating the Front Yard/Garden


Lately I've found a lot of homes that have gone that extra step to make their front yard or garden area very inviting.  Some create a a place to sit and relax.


Another has the same idea of a place to relax only with a little more casual air to it.  


Some adorn the front of the house with a piece of sculptural art.  This one was modern to go with a rather modern looking home.































This house has a fountain in front with a sort of whimsical lass standing atop ready to capture some water in her buckets.  Unfortunately, the fountain looks like it's run out of water and is now serving as a planter.


























There is a lot more whimsy going on at the front of this house.  An old tree stump is used to support a collection of ceramic characters and a flower pot that appears to have not been watered enough to keep that plant alive.  It's kind of fun to find these little artistic expressions.

14 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice though I have my seats around the back yard. Love the art

LOLfromPasa said...

I like the concept of seating in front of the house...kinda like the porches you see in cooler climates. I think I would have to add an umbrella or two :).

RedPat said...

I like the idea of sitting out front but I think I would need a couple of tall grasses or something just to create a sense of separation from the street. Maybe I'm weird, Sharon! ;-))

Lowell said...

I don't like the idea of sitting out front. You can put the chairs and stuff in my backyard and I'll gladly sit out there! Fun stuff, though. I mostly like the fountain with the whimsical girl carrying a pail.

Karl said...

Very nice decorations, especially the last two !

Judy Ryer said...

I like the first one, but I wonder how often it gets used. That looks like artificial turf too which is great for water conservation in our dry climate. I like my private backyard for relaxing, but we do sit on the front porch swing once in a while.

Steve Reed said...

It is interesting to see what people put in their yards! But that flower pot is pretty sad. :(

William Kendall said...

The last two are my favourites!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well these make my front garden look a little unimaginative Sharon, I just have trees and a birdbath.. I rather like the fountain turned planter ☺

Christine said...

You've done a great job of finding quite a selection of front yards! I love those casual pale green chairs but I would put them at the back of my house!

Bill said...

We have our seats in the back but I do like those chairs in the second photo. They look attractive with the little bit of greenery hanging down near them. I love the planter that was a fountain. Very nice!

Lois said...

They are nice Sharon. I don't put much out in my front yard because things have a tendency to disappear in my neighborhood due to all of the kids running around with too much time on their hands!

Silver in AZ said...

very cute! Is West Nile Fever a concern there from fountains/mosquitos?

Kate said...

It certainly speaks well of homeowners who try to make their lawns look inviting. Whenever I see chairs and benches arranged for relaxation and conversation, I have yet to see individuals doing just that. Those wonderful chairs are often, usually empty.