Thursday, June 15, 2017

Art that Inspires


Here are two more art pieces from the exhibit I saw last weekend.  Both of these artists were also grant winners for their works.  The one above is called Biophilia (leaves) by Mary Meyer.  I like this one.


This one isn't for decorating the home but for making a point.  It's called The Impermanence of Forests by Bryan David Griffith, the same artist who did the "smoke circles" I featured two days ago.  Since we have several forest fires going on in the state right now, this one makes an important statement.

13 comments:

Christine said...

The variety of size and shape of leaves makes for a great mural by Mary Meyer and what a very strong message from the second work.
Thanks Sharon.

Karl said...

Yes, I like both, Sharon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Both brilliant pieces Sharon but the second makes such a strong statement!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

P.s. enjoyed your firemen story in your comment today Sharon 😀😀

RedPat said...

I like both of these too, Sharon!

Lowell said...

I like the "leaves" one. And the 2nd has importance also for Florida as we have lots of forest fires during the summer months. Fortunately, we've had significant rainfall recently which will cut those fires back.

Steve Reed said...

Both very interesting! I was going to say they're arborphilic, but apparently that technically means "sexual attraction to trees," which isn't what I mean at all. (Good thing I looked it up!) That second artist seems to like working with smoke, ash and soot.

William Kendall said...

The second one particularly stands out to me.

Amy said...

I really like the 2nd one, kind of reminds me of fallen Autumn leaves.

Catalyst said...

I like the first one, too.

Bill said...

I like the second photo too. It makes a powerful statement.

Lois said...

The first one is my favorite too.

Halcyon said...

The mural is very nice. I like its simplicity.
I could tell the second piece was by the same artist as the circles. I like the theme of it. Definitely makes a good point!