Friday, June 23, 2017

Allan Houser Inside the Museum


That last time I was at the Heard Museum, I found two Allan Houser pieces that I had never seen before.  They are located on a second floor landing and since its a staircase I seldom use, I hadn't noticed these pieces.  This one is a bronze wall hanging called "We will soon be home".


The top photo focused just on the bronze itself.  This view will give you an idea of it's size. 


On an adjoining wall was this piece called "Ancient Chant" and it is also bronze.  

They are both wonderful pieces and small enough that they could hang in a home.  

8 comments:

Lowell said...

I'm really a fan of the 2nd one.

Judy Ryer said...

I would love to have both of them.

RedPat said...

I love that 2nd one too! I could gladly live with it!

Steve Reed said...

Nice!

William Kendall said...

Both really appeal to me.

Bill said...

I like them both, they are beautiful.

Thérèse said...

Wonderful pieces! I am such a "fan" of Allan Houser.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Both would be most welcome in my house Sharon 😊 two exceptional works.