Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shades of Purple

While I was at the garden on Friday to see the Turning Wood exhibit I featured yesterday, of course I walked around to see what was blooming.  I was surprised to see so much popping out.  What surprised me even more was that almost everything blooming was in shades of purple, lavender and pink.  It was a beautiful combination.  I ended up taking around 200 shots!  I made the little collage above to give you an idea of the "shades of purple" show I saw.

I have a new  post on Sharon's Sojourns.  This time I'm visiting a different St. Louis Cathedral.

11 comments:

Judy said...

I'm not surprised that things are blooming, as warm as it has been in Phoenix lately. I'm also not surprised that you took 200 pictures. Very pretty!

cieldequimper said...

Hmmm, I only took 125 yesterday! This is lovely Sharon, I'm not quite ready for spring yet but have to admit that it'll be a great joy!

RedPat said...

This is a beautiful collage, Sharon!

Birdman said...

Love lavender and purple for that matter.
*ps From 1959-65 the Red Sox spring training site was Scotsdale, AZ. Did you know this? This die-hard Sox fan did.

William Kendall said...

The colours are glorious!

Bob Crowe said...

Nice variety and representation, but it seems to me that you need to acquire a taste for purple. It's subtle, not in your face.

Randy said...

They are all lovely.

Karl said...

This is a lovely collage !

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully purple series!

Jack said...

Wow! What a superb collection.

Halcyon said...

I really like purple.