Friday, February 27, 2015

Scottdale Canal Convergence


I was in Scottsdale early yesterday evening and I spotted these birds flying over the canal.  That's when I remembered the Canal Convergence Spring Equinox celebration that will be going on from now until the end of March.  The celebration features all kinds of art on display along with craft vendors and nightly entertainment all situated along the waterfront walk that follows the canal.


In this shot you see how the birds were hung so that they are flying right over the Paolo Soleri bridge that spans the canal.

They made a very pretty sight especially with the setting sun behind them.

11 comments:

Thérèse said...

Such a beautiful art installation!
You chose the right time to capture the view too.

Steve Reed said...

Nice! That top photo looks like a painting.

Karl said...

It's a beautiful installation, on the thumbnail I thought they are real birds :)

Anonymous said...

It's a spectacular sight, very striking!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Absolutely love this one Sharon, some art installations are more inspirational than others, super perspective you've chosen in the first shot. Hope you have a fab weekend.

Judy said...

This is beautiful! At first I thought they were real birds.

RedPat said...

I LOVE this, Sharon! Thanks for showing it - has got my creative juices going. ;-)

cieldequimper said...

That's brilliant. So simple, so poetic, so pretty, so evocative...

William Kendall said...

That is a lovely installation!

Randy said...

That is too cool.

Jack said...

Sharon, I love that second shot. It is an artistic installation that makes me smile.