Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Misleading Name

 

I had an appointment way up in north Phoenix one moring a week ago and on the way home I decided I should stop somewhere and pick up some lunch to take home.  Then I remembered that a place called the Sicilian Butcher was up that way.  I had heard people say the place was great and I thought a nice deli sandwich would be perfect.

I thought the name suggested a place full of all kinds of meats.  I was wrong, it's an Italian restaurant through and through.  You can tell from the photo above that I was there early.  It was around 11:00 AM and the lunch crowds had not yet arrived.  However, there were several people waiting in the take-out line and one of them told me how delicious this place was.  She said she comes here about once a week.  

I loved the way the place was decorated.  Rolling pins hanging from the ceiling in the take-out room.  Cutting boards on the wall in the dining room.  And, you might be able to make out how the dining room was separated into two sections by hanging meat cleavers.  Very clever decor.  

By the way, I ended up taking home some eggplant Parmesan instead of a sandwich and it was delicious.

8 comments:

Diaday said...

What a great find. Eggplant Parm is one of my favorite Italian dishes. Yum!

Travel said...

Looks like a fun place.

Gemel said...

It's decorated to perfection.

RedPat said...

A great discovery for you, Sharon.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

It is very pleasant to find news places.
You chose well.

Steve Reed said...

Well, I'm glad it was good! I'd be afraid of one of those rolling pins falling on my head. :)

Amypie71 said...

What a great idea with the rolling pins but I hope they don't fall down, have a nice week.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I’d be more worried about a cleaver coming down. I doubt you ventured that side of Oxford when you came. I’ve never heard of eggplant Parmesan