Sunday, October 11, 2026

More From "The Way We Came"

 

I have three more paintings from the exhibit I mentioned yesterday.  This painting is by Quincy Tahoma and is called "The Navajo Country".  It was painted in 1948. The description card said that the large herd of sheep might indicate that this family had some wealth.  It also shows how the herding work is a family affair. I think this one has a lot of appealing charm.



This painting is by Joan Hill and was painted in 1970 and is called "Cornstalk Shoot of the Cherokee".
















This last one was painted by Milland Lomakema and was painted in 1969.  It is a very contemporary view of a Ceremonial Dance Scene.  I love the "edginess" of this painting.  All those angles appeal to me.

There were so many more wonderful works of art in this collection of 70 paintings from the William P. Healey gift.  I can't wait to see even more.

No comments: